Saturday, November 14, 2009

Unforgettable Friday The 13th

November 13, 2009

Another day of chained bad luck. Imagine declaring a day a day full of bad luck just to realize there's more to come; In the SAME day. carrying a bike on your arm for 2KMs, pushing a tricycle for 10KMs.

Going to school, for my SIT (OJT) enrollment. As usual I go there the unusual way, biking. Passed the 5th kilometer, the jeepney in front of me stopped weirdly, my normal response is to overtake such vehicles. To my surprise, a pipe digging is across the road ahead, I stood on the pedal to see a non-edgy part of the digging. Too late for me tho, I am too fast and there's another car on my left(right is the jeepney) I just strengthen my arms to handle the bike after running over the digging. Boom, and I ran over it, and the feeling is as if I broke my bike's wheel. Tho it seems to be normal, I know for myself that it hit so hard.

8th kilometer(Coastal Mall, Parañaque) , which is halfway, I was on a running on a curve, I felt something on the wheels. The rear wheel is soft. I can still feel the pressure on the wheel so I continued, but after some seconds, the wheel was totally flat. I stopped riding it and started walking with it, at a gas station, I bought prepaid load and sent SMS to my father(because he's a cyclist too, and he got materials for fixing the wheel). As I leave the gas station I heard a weird sound on my bike as I was walking with it. I felt it was coming from the flat wheel, and I was afraid to make it worse, so I carried it on my right arm.

Carrying my bike on the right arm, I walked northwards(Macapagal Highway), Until I got to EDSA intersection. I am walking to save time while waiting for my father to come. My shoulder already hurt and I stopped in front of a school(Manila Doctors College). After some minutes my father came and fixed it after around 15 minutes. I biked my way to school.

3pm I was in school and all went right, except for an argument with a enrollment officer which got offended when I am reasoning out. I am not trying to fight tho, I think he misinterpreted me or he just don't like people who reason out.

Around 7 I planned to go home, and guess what, my bike's rear wheel is flat again. I sent SMS to my father about it and he said he's gonna bring the tricycle to carry it, instead of coming to fix it

After more than an hour the tricycle came, my mother was also in it, we loaded the bike and we rode, I was so sleepy at that moment. And guess what, the tricycle was also scre*ed. We aren't even passed the 1KM when it stopped. Although my father tried to fix it, it still got scre*ed before we can even go far, until the chain(connecting the engine to the wheel) was totally broken and hopeless

Only choice is, to push the da*n vehicle home, and we are 17 KMs from home, well, less than that because it ran around 250 KMs :P. I started pushing it, my mother also helping sometimes(I always tell her to sit), while my dad is driving. My sleepiness was already out of my mind and kept on pushing it. We were at mabini road, which is a route for jeepneys. Many people stare at me as I sweat allover specially on my face. I know I have just started so I almost ignored most of those curious(and some mean) people.

As we run slow towards, hotels and condos, were around us. And so as rich people, well dressed foreign looking girls. I sweat allover and my shirt was almost all wet and dirty. It was humiliating, but still, motivating. All these sacrifices I do, will be paid off by God someday, that this is just one of his test, all my dreams will come true and I will be rich and respected. And I will also be able to live luxurious and live on hotels and condos.

Feeling how I sweat, I know dehydration will be a problem, so when I saw a street vendor I bought some drinks. Mabini, Del Pilar, Harrison, EDSA, Baclaran, Quirino. Nothing really special went until we reached around 10 KMs except my right foot was sprained and I can't move it anymore. Luckily a motor parts store was still open(1 AM). And my father bought new chain, my big brother came with his motorcycle, while my father was trying to attached the new chain

After that we rode the tricycle and my brother was on our back, we are running slow, but the chains got loosed again and we stopped, as my brother suggested, we tied the tricycle to his motorcycle so it can pull it

All went well until we got home. I just felt well that no one was hurt, except my whole body and my purse :P. Da*n that was 10 Kilometers. And we got some good bonding moments too. We are mutual about our feeling most of the times and we are not vocal most of the times. Nice to see that we had helped each other as a family.

Although I think it was a better idea to have contacted my brother, so he would have pulled the tricycle home for that 10 KMs

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home